RECIPES MAKE THE MOST OF OUR PRODUCT RANGE
Sugar Cookie Recipe
Makes approximately 36 cookies
- 2 cups | Butter
- 2 cups | White Sugar
- 2 TBSP | Vanilla essence
- 2 | Eggs
- 4 tsp | Baking Powder
- 6 cups | Flour
- Add the 2 cups of butter and 2 cups of white sugar to your mixer/ mixing bowl.
- Cream the butter and sugar until it is completely mixed.
- Add 2 tablespoons of vanilla essence and 2 eggs.
- Mix the cookie dough until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes.)
- Add 4 teaspoons of baking powder and mix.
- Mix in the 6 cups of flour, two cups at a time. Don’t overmix the dough when you are adding the dry ingredients, only until the flour is incorporated into the dough.
- If the dough seems on the drier side, add a bit of vanilla or milk and mix again. You do not need to chill this dough before cutting out the cookies.
- Roll a handful of the dough out on a prepared surface.
- Cut out shapes with cookie cutters.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 180 degrees for 6-10 minutes depending on the size of the cookie cutter you used.
- Do not over-bake! If you make your cookies on the thicker side you should cook them for 9-10 minutes.